BLACK SALT is regarded as having the following benefits:
- Supports a balanced digestion
- Helps maintain normal healthy eyesight
- Supports healthy skin
- Natural source of sodium chloride, iron, copper & magnesium
Black Salt (Kala namak or Sanchal) is a natural Ayurvedic product ranging from amber to a dark purple, brownish-black colour, hence the name. Black Salt is produced by combining the now familiar Pink Himalayan Rock Salt with herbs and spices. The popular Rock Salt is heated to more than 1400 degrees Fahrenheit, and then mixed with various spices including the seed of the Black Myrobalan tree (harad) which lends a sulphurous flavour to the salt and darkens its colour.
- Himalayan Salt Licks can be used in the stall, shelter or pasture
- Suitable for placing in the feed bowl for horses or ponies that bolt their feed
- Himalayan Salt Licks are more resistant to rain than ordinary pressed salt licks but will deteriorate if left sitting in water
- With licks in stalls some horses & ponies will lick excessively so restrict access by removing the lick for periods during the day.
If you have any concerns about your animal's health please contact your vet immediately. If you have any queries about using this product, or if your animal is pregnant, please contact our Helpline 1 855 261 1289 (Toll-free) or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Black Salt is used extensively in traditional Indian cuisine bringing its distinctive flavour to appetisers, marinades, chutneys, yoghurts, pickles and salads, adding a sulphurous aroma and distinctive smoky taste to food.
- When we were first sent samples of the Black Salt licks by our supplier we were sceptical as to whether our horses would lick them. We couldn’t have been more wrong because as soon as the Black Salt Licks were hung up in their stables they immediately started licking them. Of course when you investigate the anecdotal and traditional health benefits associated with the use of Black Salt it really isn’t any wonder the horses are so keen!
These testimonials are for informational purposes only. The information is not a substitute for expert veterinary care. Testimonials are written by actual customers and represent their own observations. They are not edited. These observations are not guaranteed, are not medically substantiated, and may not be typical for other animals.
My horses have free access to a pink salt lick, a mineral lick and a black salt lick in their field. The black salt has has considerably more use than the other two. Not sure which horse (4 in the herd) as I have an SI horse an EMS pony, a poor doer pony and a veteran horse in there. Geat product as they really seem to like it. They all look well.
- Victoria, 01/10/2021