VITEX AGNUS CASTUS:
- to help maintain a balanced hormonal system in both female and male animals.
- ideal for bitches prone to phantom pregnancies (we suggest you use Vitex Agnus Castus tincture rather than the seed).
- endocrine support
As an alternative for hormonal support in horses consider our Equine Easy Mare range.
For endocrine support consider for horses our Equine Cush X range and for dogs our Canine Cush X.
See "How do I use it" tab for guidelines.
- Vitex Agnus Castus seed (also called Monks Pepper seed or Chaste Tree Berry seed).
- Horses: 10 to 15 grams daily (there is no need to grind this seed up) (one 15ml scoop = approx 5 grams)
- Add to feed on a daily basis, if possible splitting the required amount between two feeds
- Allow up to one month for benefits to be seen
*please note: we do not include feeding instructions on the packaging or include a scoop in the bag or tub. This is due to the consistency of straight herbs eg roots are more dense than leaves or flowers, and they can be given to a variety of species. For further research on using straight herbs for animals there are some good books available including Hilary Self's "A Modern Horse Herbal".
If you have any concerns about your animal's health please contact your vet immediately. If you have any queries about using this product, or if your animal is pregnant, please contact our Helpline 0800 294 1250 (Freephone) or email email@example.com