- Psyllium husks (Plantago Ovata)
- Horses: give as advised by your Vet. As a general guideline it is recommended to give 2 to 3 x 15 ml scoops per day for 7 days (Note: one level 15ml scoop weighs approx 6 grams).
- If necessary can be given for longer, but be advised by your vet.
- Repeat as necessary.
- Ensure the horse is not unduly confined during this time (movement provides essential digestive function).
- Ensure the horse has free access to water at all times.
- Add to feed on a daily basis, if possible splitting the required amount between two feeds.
*please note: we do not include feeding instructions on the packaging or include a scoop in the bag or tub. This is due to the consistency of straight herbs eg roots are more dense than leaves or flowers, and they can be given to a variety of species. For further research on using straight herbs for animals there are some good books available including Hilary Self's "A Modern Horse Herbal".
If you have any concerns about your animal's health please contact your vet immediately. If you have any queries about using this product, or if your animal is pregnant, please contact our Helpline 0800 294 1250 (Freephone) or email email@example.com