MUD DEFENDER LOTION is formulated to maintain and support:
- sore or abraded skin
- healthy skin with anti-fungal and anti-bacterial properties
- skin cell and hair regeneration
- the softening of scabs
Mud Defender Lotion is gentle and soothing in action and containis herbs, oils and tinctures including aloe vera, echinacea and coconut oil. It can be used independently or for optimum benefits use alongside our Mud Defender Supplement. The Mud Defender range was extensively trialled in the UK, Europe and the US with great success. Consider also our High Horse Medicated Shampoo.
- Aloe Vera gel
- Coconut oil
- Propolis infused oil & tincture
- Goldenseal & Calendula tinctures
- Calendula & Hypericum infused oil
- Tea Tree & Rosemary essential oils
- Mud Defender Lotion can be used on any area of the body.
- Use at the first sign of sore, damaged skin.
- Lightly brush off mud if dried, or wash area with cold water and gently pat dry.
- Apply to clean dry skin working in well and leaving a thin film of lotion on top of the skin.
- If skin is scabbed, apply the lotion over the top of the scabs and work in well.
- When the scabs soften, try to gently remove them and apply more lotion.
- The lotion should be applied to clean dry legs prior to turnout or stabling.
Mud Defender Lotion is safe to apply to broken, sore, scabbed skin and should not sting when applied. The lotion is not designed to be used as a barrier cream, but does contain oils that should help deter water penetration. As with any new product, we advise patch testing prior to general use if your horse has a sensitive skin.
If you have any concerns about your animal's health please contact your vet immediately. If you have any queries about using this product, or if your animal is pregnant, please contact our Helpline 0800 294 1250 (Freephone) or email email@example.com
The Propolis tincture and infused oil we use in our Mud Defender Lotion is sourced exclusively from UK hives.
Goldenseal - Hydrastis canadensis is an endangered species in the wild, and has been designated a CITES herb, this means it is now protected against over-exploitation through International trade. Our customers can be confident that the Goldenseal tincture we use in our Mud Defender Lotion is produced using only sustainably sourced Goldenseal cultivated in the USA.