*Do note that the prices on this page include the 250ml bottle of Mud Defender Lotion. When the exclusive code is applied then the price for the lotion will be discounted off the total*
Mud Defender for horses, ponies and donkeys is formulated to maintain and support:
- a natural resistance to mud-dwelling bacteria (field trialled over the winter of 2013/2014 in the UK, France & the USA with great success)
- supply the Essential Fatty Acids Omega 3 & 6 required to support the skin's epidermal layers integrity, strength and condition
- the amino acids required for Keratin production that forms the first line of defence in skin and hair
- the Zinc and Vitamin B requirements to help synthesise Keratin production
- the body's overall immune response
- cell renewal and regrowth of skin and hair
- healthy skin and coat condition
Mud Defender is a dry supplement containing herbs such as echinacea, calendula and garlic to help horses and ponies maintain a natural resistance to mud-dwelling bacteria and support healthy coat and skin. Successfully field trialled, Mud Defender Supplement can be used alongside our Mud Defender Lotion for optimum benefits.
Mud Defender Lotion is formulated to maintain and support:
- sore or abraded skin
- healthy skin with anti-fungal and anti-bacterial properties
- skin cell and hair regeneration
- the softening of scabs
Mud Defender Lotion is gentle and soothing in action and containis herbs, oils and tinctures including aloe vera, echinacea and coconut oil. It can be used independently or for optimum benefits use alongside our Mud Defender Supplement. The Mud Defender range was extensively trialled in the UK, Europe and the US with great success. Consider also our High Horse Medicated Shampoo.
Ingredients of Mud Defender:
- Cooked Linseed meal
- Brewers Yeast
- Kelp (Ascosophyllum nodosum)
- Calendula flowers
- Echinacea root
- Liquorice root
Ingredients of Mud Defender Lotion:
- Aloe Vera gel
- Coconut oil
- Propolis infused oil & tincture
- Goldenseal & Calendula tinctures
- Calendula & Hypericum infused oil
- Tea Tree & Rosemary essential oils
- Added to the feed on a daily basis, where possible splitting the required amount between two feeds.
- A 50ml scoop is included in the tub or bag and full instructions will be found on the packaging.
- Please allow up to a month for full benefits to be seen.
- In time, you may find the amount fed can be lowered.
- Animals are individuals, often a lower maintenance amount will be sufficient for long-term use.
Mud Defender Lotion:
- Mud Defender Lotion can be used on any area of the body.
- Use at the first sign of sore, damaged skin.
- Lightly brush off mud if dried, or wash area with cold water and gently pat dry.
- Apply to clean dry skin working in well and leaving a thin film of lotion on top of the skin.
- If skin is scabbed, apply the lotion over the top of the scabs and work in well.
- When the scabs soften, try to gently remove them and apply more lotion.
- The lotion should be applied to clean dry legs prior to turnout or stabling.
If you have any concerns about your animal's health please contact your vet immediately. If you have any queries about using this product, or if your animal is pregnant, please contact our Helpline 0800 294 1250 (Freephone) or email email@example.com
- The Propolis tincture and infused oil we use in our Mud Defender Lotion is sourced exclusively from UK hives.
- Goldenseal - Hydrastis canadensis is an endangered species in the wild, and has been designated a CITES herb, this means it is now protected against over-exploitation through International trade. Our customers can be confident that the Goldenseal tincture we use in our Mud Defender Lotion is produced using only sustainably sourced Goldenseal cultivated in the USA.