HOOF & HEALTH is formulated to maintain and support:
- horses with its balanced blend of vital nutrients
- healthy hoof growth
- deep coat colour and coat and skin quality
- all-round optimum health
- young horses in their development
Hoof & Health combining seaweeds and rosehips, is rich in minerals such as iodine, sulphur, iron, calcium, copper, magnesium and selenium plus amino acids and vitamins such as beta carotene, B1, B2, B12, C, D and E. Research has confirmed that good nutrition plays a major role in the development of both strong healthy hooves as well as general overall health. Do remember, good hoof growth is gradual and does take time, so ask your farrier if he has seen improvement.
Some customers like to switch between Herb Power and our Hoof & Health supplement to give optimum coverage throughout the year. Also consider our Himalayan Salt Licks and of course, our Herball treats.
- Deep Sea Kelp (Ascophyllum nodosum)
- Rosehip shells (Rosa canina)
- Calcified Seaweed
- Bladderwrack (Fucus vesiculosus)
- Added to the feed on a daily basis, where possible splitting the required amount between two feeds.
- A 15ml scoop is included in the tub or bag and full instructions will be found on the packaging.
- Please allow up to a month for full benefits to be seen.
- In time, you may find the amount fed can be lowered.
- Animals are individuals, often a lower maintenance amount will be sufficient for long-term use.
Seaweed is one of the staple foods of the Shetland Islands native ponies and sheep and the ponies, which are used to surviving in extremely harsh conditions, are regular visitors to the islands' beaches where they browse on seaweeds washed up by the tide.
In our Hoof and Health we use three different seaweed species as well as pure fine-cut Rosehip shells. The two kelp seaweeds, sourced from Scotland and Brittany, are Ascophyllum nodosum and Fucus vesiculosis which are both rich in essential nutrients such as Iodine, amino acids, vitamins and minerals. The third seaweed which is sourced from Ireland is a hard coral- like species commonly referred to as Calcified seaweed which is rich in calcium.