- affinity to eyes and sinuses
See "How do I use it" for guidelines and "Did you know" for information on making an eye wash, although Eyebright herb is a better option.
- Eyebright Herb (Euphrasia officinalis) 1:3 45%
With regard to our tincture preparation, we use a traditional method : the plant material (herb, flower, root) is macerated (steeped) in ethyl alcohol (from fermented sugar beet) and water over several weeks : the ratio of water to alcohol varies depending on whether the plant's constituents/active ingredients are water soluble or alcohol soluble. At the end of this maceration, the plant material is pressed and the liquid containing all the vital active constituents is poured off. Most of our tinctures are 1 : 3 : that is 1 part of the plant material to 3 parts liquid. The % denotes the percentage of alcohol to water in the liquid part of the tincture.
- Horse: 10 to 20 mls daily
- Dog : give 1 to 2 ml per 10 Kg bodyweight twice daily
- Add to feed on a daily basis, if possible splitting the required amount between two feeds
- Allow up to one month for benefits to be seen