See "How do I use it" for feeding guidelines.
- Hawthorn Berries Tincture 1:3 45% (Crataegus oxycanthoides)
With regard to our tincture preparation, we use a traditional method : the plant material (herb, flower, root) is macerated (steeped) in ethyl alcohol (from fermented sugar beet) and water over several weeks : the ratio of water to alcohol varies depending on whether the plant's constituents/active ingredients are water soluble or alcohol soluble. At the end of this maceration, the plant material is pressed and the liquid containing all the vital active constituents is poured off. Most of our tinctures are 1 : 3 : that is 1 part of the plant material to 3 parts liquid. The % denotes the percentage of alcohol to water in the liquid part of the tincture.
- Horses: 10 to 20mls daily
- Dogs: 1 to 2mls per 10kg of bodyweight twice daily
- Add to feed on a daily basis, if possible splitting the required amount between two feeds
- Allow up to one month for benefits to be seen
If you have any concerns about your animal's health please contact your vet immediately. If you have any queries about using this product, or if your animal is pregnant, please contact our Helpline 0800 294 1250 (Freephone) or email firstname.lastname@example.org