COMFREY LEAF TINCTURE:
- soothing, mucilaginous and excellent as a compress
- can be given alongside our Equine MultiFlex range or Equine Rest & Recover Gold
See "How do I use it" for guidelines.
- Comfrey leaf (Symphytum officinale) tincture 1:3 25%
With regard to our tincture preparation, we use a traditional method : the plant material (herb, flower, root) is macerated (steeped) in ethyl alcohol (from fermented sugar beet) and water over several weeks : the ratio of water to alcohol varies depending on whether the plant's constituents/active ingredients are water soluble or alcohol soluble. At the end of this maceration, the plant material is pressed and the liquid containing all the vital active constituents is poured off. Most of our tinctures are 1 : 3 : that is 1 part of the plant material to 3 parts liquid. The % denotes the percentage of alcohol to water in the liquid part of the tincture.
- Horses: 10 to 20mls daily
- Dogs:1 to 2mls per 10kg bodyweight twice daily
- Add to feed on a daily basis, if possible splitting the required amount between two feeds
- Allow up to one month for benefits to be seen
*please note: we do not include feeding instructions on the packaging or include a scoop in the bag or tub. This is due to the consistency of straight herbs eg roots are more dense than leaves or flowers, and they can be given to a variety of species. For further research on using straight herbs for animals there are some good books available including Hilary Self's "A Modern Horse Herbal".If you have any concerns about your animal's health please contact your vet immediately. If you have any queries about using this product, or if your animal is pregnant, please contact our Helpline 0800 294 1250 (Freephone) or email email@example.com