Larch is for confidence and may help any horse or dog that appears to be short of it.
Dr Edward Bach’s Flower Essences are essences that try to change negative emotions or patterns of behaviour into positive ones . Ahead of his time, Dr Bach understood the connection between the emotional and physical state and the essences became his life work. There are 38 individual essences and a Recovery Remedy combining several essences given for shock or trauma. Each essence comes in a bottle with a dropper top. A single Bach flower can be chosen, but it is preferable to choose several (up to five) that reflect different emotional states of the animal. Each essence has an indication for use and a positive outcome. Dr Bach stressed the importance of taking these “vibrational” essences in water : shaking before each use. Note: animals very easily pick up on our emotions and act accordingly. Always try to consider why an animal is behaving like it is and ask yourself if your behaviour is having an effect : are you nervous about attempting a jump or taking on a new companion. See "How do I use it" for suggestions as to how best to administer these products.
- Remedy bottles come with a built in dropper, shake well before use
- Horses: give 10 to 15 drops
- Dogs: 4 to 6 drops
- Several Remedies can be given together
- (divide drops required between Remedies ie 5 drops from 3 Remedies for horses, 2 drops from 3 Remedies for dogs)
- Add to drinking water
- Give in food or on a treat
- Rub into the gums or skin
- Spray into the environment or add to a wash
- Repeat up to 4 times a day as required
- In crisis situations give every 20 minutes
- A general course would be a week